Two-Ingredient Chia Jam - Mumberry
Posted on 16 May 2016
Once an ancient superfood, chia is making a resurgence in health conscious diets everywhere and should be embraced in pregnancy diets. These tiny seeds are packed with Omega-3 fatty acid (great for the baby’s brain development), as well as calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, manganese, copper, zinc, iron and niacin. Pregnancy can deplete your body of important nutrients and eating chia seeds can help replace those lost nutrients while providing a much needed energy boost! You can use it in a variety of different recipes, but we like this one!
Try this easy recipe for Chia Jam.
What you’ll need:
1 Tbsp Chia seeds
1 Cup of berries, thawed or fresh
- Pour the seeds into the berries and mash with a fork.
2. Place the mixture in the fridge until the seeds plump, usually a few hours.
3. Smother on your favorite bread with peanut butter and ENJOY!
- Music Playlist for Your Pregnancy Workout
Here’s a guest post from our friends over at ZingInstruments.com who are almost as obsessed about...
- 5 Must-Know Tips for Traveling While Pregnant
Traveling has the potential to be stressful or difficult even when you’re not pregnant, so it’s i...
- Six Small Changes You Can Make to Stay Healthy During Pregnancy
The importance of staying in your best health during your pregnancy is evident from the recommend...