Is 6 grams of essential baby-building protein in ONE BITE too good to be true? Not anymore! These Peanut Butter Vanilla NO BAKE Protein Balls will be your new go-to protein fix.
They're easy, filled with amazing ingredients for a healthy pregnancy diet, and the perfect after school snack for the kiddos or quick breakfast for you. Also, they're no bake. We think that trumps all the reasons to make a double batch, because they'll go so quickly!
Not only are these protein balls super tasty (and reminiscent of peanut butter cookie dough!), they're also high in a lot of vital nutrients that you need during pregnancy. This makes them (in our opinion) a perfect addition to your healthy pregnancy diet.
Made from healthy ingredients
Oats help reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and lower cholesterol. During pregnancy, they can help relieve constipation and boost energy, and they provide vital nutrients like folic acid and other B vitamins.
Known for its omega-3, lignan, and fiber content, flaxseed reduces risk of breast, prostate, and colon cancers, along with cardiovascular disease and lung disease. Flaxseed also promotes better digestion just like oats
Another high-fiber super food, chia seeds are also high in omega-3s, protein, calcium, phosphorous, and manganese. They promote heart and GI health, and are a great source of nutrients and should be a part of your healthy pregnancy diet.
Chia seeds are excellent for your baby's visual and neural development, and have iron to help with your increased blood volume!
Peanut Butter Vanilla No Bake Protein Balls Recipe
Prep time: 10-15 minutes | Freeze time: 2 hours | Servings: 15
- 1 c dry old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 c ground flaxseed, chia seed blend (we used Trader Joe's Super Seed & Ancient Grain blend!)
- 1/3 c ground pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 c vanilla protein powder (we love Baby Booster Prenatal Protein Powder)
- 1/2 c peanut butter
- 1/3 c honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
*optional add-ins: dried fruit, nuts, coconut, etc.
- Blitz your pumpkin seeds in a food processor and transfer to a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Add oats, protein powder, and chia seed blend to the pumpkin seeds and mix until everything is evenly distributed.
- Add peanut butter, honey, and vanilla and stir until all of the dry ingredients are mixed well with the liquid ingredients.
- Scoop out spoonfuls and form into balls with your hands. Place on a baking sheet and freeze for a couple of hours. You can actually consume these as soon as you make them, but if you want to store them, store them in the freezer for up to 4 weeks.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving = 1 ball | 165 calories | 20 carbs | 8 g fat | 6 g protein | 6 g sodium | 6 g sugar