17 Incredible Watermelon Recipes For Summer - Mumberry
Is it safe to eat watermelon during pregnancy?
Yes, but be careful to complete wash before consuming. According to the FDA, "Raw fruits and vegetables can become contaminated with harmful bacteria." This bacteria may be found on the outer rind or peel.
- Use a natural cleaner to wash vegetables
- Avoid using soaps or bleaches to wash produce.
- Use a vegetable scrubber
Is it safe to eat the seeds in a watermelon?
7 Benefits Of Eating Watermelon During Pregnancy
- High in vitamin C, which boosts immunity and helps you to not get sick (since some medicines are off limits during pregnancy, it's helpful to not get sick in the first place)
- High in potassium, which can help lower your risk of high blood pressure (and pre-eclampsia!)
- A natural diuretic, helping to prevent kidney stones and flush out toxins, keeping you feeling refreshed
- Great supply of antioxidants, natural cancer fighters and skin protectors (goodbye wrinkles)
- High in vitamin A, keeping your eye heath in tip-top condition and helping to prevent age-related blindness
- Soothing to the digestive system which can help many of your pregnancy ails including acid reflux and morning sickness (and also fighting inflammation in the body)
- Hydration - Its a great source of adding water to your diet.
17 Easy to Make Watermelon Recipes
Simple, 4-ingredient smoothie with bold, refreshing flavors, and endless add-in options. Yum!
Light and fluffy, perfectly sweet, simple, and great for hot summer days! You don't even need an ice cream maker!
Watermelon and cucumber complement each other so well! These flavors go head to head to create a delicious frozen summer treat. (AND they're both in season!)
Oh my YUM! Who says we can't eat this by the spoonful instead of skewer by skewer?! Each bite gives a little sweet, a little salty, and a whole lot of refreshing!
There's not much better than salsa. And it's even more delicious when you add seasonal produce and flavor that packs a serious punch! This recipe will get your taste buds shouting for joy.
Three ingredients and a blender is all you need to make this refreshing, coconut milk-based frozen treat to save you on those ~HOT~ summer days!
We love strawberries all most as much as we love watermelon! This popsicle recipe is 100% fruit, so it makes a great summer day dessert for the kiddos (or a nice pick me up for mommy ;) )
This Mediterranean inspired dish turns you favorite cheat meal into a light and refreshing summer appetizer- and unlike your medium Quattro Formaggi pizza from Grimaldi's, you don't have to feel bad about eating more than two slices of this one!
We love a healthy twist on a good classic. And it doesn't get more classic than lemonade.
You get a surprising addition of veggies in this revitalizing smoothie (not to mention a crazy amount of vitamin C!) If you're looking for a healthy, bright, cold, and cheerful start to your morning, this is it!
Watermelon is so versatile- you can throw so many different flavors with it, and it tastes amazing with all of them! (Just maybe not all of them at once!) This salad features basil, and an AMAZING simple vinaigrette to go with it. Salty, sweet, tangy, and enlivening. Yum!
These yummy, sweet and sour popsicles are perfect for a picnic or a day spent pool side! This recipe calls for sugar, but with the naturally occurring sugar found in the fruit, feel free to nix the sugar.
Again with the herbs! The mint really makes this dish pop and soar. This one's sure to be a favorite at any summer barbecue or family gathering!
Your new favorite breakfast, or dessert? It doesn't really matter because this delicious naturally sweetened smoothie is simple, easy to make, and good for you, too!
Hot caffeinated drinks just don't cut it during the summer (especially if you live in a hotter area.) This healthy drink will perk you right up out of your mid-day slump, and give you lots of flavor to boot!
This salad truly has it all! Sweetness, crunch, saltiness, amazing savory flavors, and health benefits out the wazoo. You didn't even know watermelon could taste this good till you've tried this one!
Whichever watermelon recipe you choose, let us know you enjoyed it by tagging us in a picture of the finished dish, or repinning this article!