The Healthier Way to Lose Pregnancy Weight
Do you want to know how to lose weight after giving birth? You don’t want to be jumping on the crash-diet bandwagon. Losing pregnancy weight healthily means eating well and doing exercise. Read here for advice on healthy ways to lose weight.
After giving birth, moms are often concerned with losing the weight they gained during their pregnancy. With the life changes that come when giving birth and the adjusted sleeping schedules – it can be quite stressful to worry about weight loss as well. The best approach to take is a healthy one – you want to lose weight gradually and safely.
How to lose weight after pregnancy
Many moms believe in the so-called breastfeeding diet to lose weight. It is not a complete myth – breastfeeding contributes to postpartum weight loss in some mothers. If you are wondering how to lose weight after pregnancy while breastfeeding – it is simple. Breastfeeding burns up to 500 extra calories a day, but you will have to eat a healthy, wholesome diet.
This is for moms that are focused on what to eat to lose weight. If you are on an eating plan that includes supplements, you should clarify this with your doctor. In this case, you should use quality products, for example, the best keto supplement.
Breastfeeding moms have to stay away from crash diets if they want to lose weight – they lack the much-needed nutrients to produce healthy breast milk. A balanced diet includes superfoods like nuts, seeds, low-fat dairy, lean meats, fruit, vegetables, eggs, fish, and leafy greens.
Why not give the following dishes a try?
- Breakfast smoothie – 2 bananas, 3 tablespoons low-fat yogurt, 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder, and half a cup of cold water. Blend everything in a blender and serve as a smoothie.
- Lunch – Grilled chicken breast with salt and pepper, 2 baked potatoes, and a small green salad with feta and olives.
- Dinner – Prepare an easy cottage pie by frying ground beef in a skillet with a little olive oil. Add chopped onion, carrots, green pepper, garlic, and 2 teaspoons of tomato paste. Boil potatoes and make mash with butter and milk. To assemble cottage pie, dish ground beef mixture into a dish, top with mashed potatoes and bake in a 180-degree oven for 20 minutes.
- Bonus meal – Cook butternut, onion, celery, and fresh thyme in a pot with 2 cups of water. Once everything is soft, blend the vegetables in a blender for an easy butternut soup!
Combined with a balanced eating plan, exercise can work wonders for post-pregnancy weight loss. Physical exercise is considered the best way to lose weight after pregnancy.
- Walking – walk briskly for 15 minutes and rest for 3 minutes. Do this for 45 minutes a day if you can. If you like running, consider investing in a jogging pram – that way, you can jog or walk when taking your baby out for fresh air.
- Squats – When your body is completely healed from giving birth, try to commit to 50 squats a day. If you need back support, use an exercise ball to support your back while standing against the wall and squatting.
- Sit-ups – lie flat on a yoga mat and place your baby on your tummy. Sit up and kiss your baby on the forehead. Repeat this 20 times.
Whatever weight loss regime you decide on, be sure that it is safe and manageable. You also have to account for the loss of sleep and irritability during the first few months of your newborn’s life. So choose your weight loss measures wisely and don’t add too much pressure on yourself.
What measures are you considering helping you lose weight after pregnancy?
Ask questions on our social media page!