Every family needs a staple frozen treat for the summer! Ice cream is a popular one, but we like this homemade yogurt pops recipe better.
These pops are fruity and delicious, and aren't a bad source of sugar, since they're made of wholesome ingredients. They're an excellent source of calcium, fiber, and vitamin C, along with other vitamins and minerals that are great for pregnancy and early childhood
They're also super easy to make!
All you need to make 8 small popsicles is:
- 2 cups chopped fruit (we used 1 lb strawberries and 2 nectarines and had plenty leftover!)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup Bear Naked Honey Almond granola
- 1/4 cup almond milk
1. Chop fruit and place in a small skillet or sauce pan over medium-high heat. Let cook for about 10 minutes, or until thick in consistency (like jam.)
2. Add 1 tsp vanilla extract and remove from heat to cool.
3. While mixture is cooling, mix yogurt and almond milk in a small bowl.
4. Measure out 1/4 cup of the yogurt mixture and pour it on top of the granola. Mix the small mixture well, until granola is fully coated in the yogurt.
5. Once mixture has cooled, you can begin layering the mixtures in the popsicle molds. We did yogurt, then granola, then fruit. Layer until molds are full and add a popsicle stick.
6. Let pops freeze overnight, or until frozen.