Healthy Pregnancy Meals: Pumpkin Protein Smoothie - Mumberry
Posted on 01 October 2016
The weather is cooling down (hopefully) and we're in the heart of pumpkin-spiced-everything season. In our constant search for perfect healthy pregnancy meals, we've been looking for ways to add pumpkin to just about anything, but our favorite has been this Pumpkin Protein Smoothie.
Reminiscent of creamy, delicious pumpkin pie, all the protein in this healthy smoothie will keep you full for a few hours and satisfy your pregnant sweet tooth! Not only that, but it's quick and easy to prepare, and also has quite a few benefits for you and your baby making it one of our favorite healthy pregnancy meals.
Pure pumpkin is an excellent low-calorie, low-fat, and low-carb source of many vitamins and minerals that are uber important during pregnancy like Vitamins A, C, K, and E, potassium, fiber, and folate.
Copyright: <a href='http://www.123rf.com/profile_andreka'>andreka / 123RF Stock Photo</a>
It's good for your eyesight and baby's visual, neural, and muscular development. The fiber helps with digestive ailments that pregnancy brings with it, and the protein keeps you full while providing all the building blocks you need to make a healthy baby!
Pumpkin Protein Smoothie
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1-3 graham crackers (optional)
- Add all ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth. Garnish with graham cracker crumbs and add stevia until desired sweetness is achieved (optional).
- The Most Common Early Signs Of Pregnancy
Are you experiencing morning sickness? A missed period? Notice that your breasts have become tend...
- How to Choose the Best Prenatal Vitamins
Taking prenatal vitamins before and during pregnancy is one of the most essential things an expec...
- 4 Effective Natural Remedies for Swollen Feet During Pregnancy
Like with everything good, pregnancy comes at a cost - and for many moms-to-be, the cost is in th...