Healthy Pregnancy Meals: Pumpkin Protein Smoothie - Mumberry
Posted on 01 October 2016
The weather is cooling down (hopefully) and we're in the heart of pumpkin-spiced-everything season. In our constant search for perfect healthy pregnancy meals, we've been looking for ways to add pumpkin to just about anything, but our favorite has been this Pumpkin Protein Smoothie.
Reminiscent of creamy, delicious pumpkin pie, all the protein in this healthy smoothie will keep you full for a few hours and satisfy your pregnant sweet tooth! Not only that, but it's quick and easy to prepare, and also has quite a few benefits for you and your baby making it one of our favorite healthy pregnancy meals.
Pure pumpkin is an excellent low-calorie, low-fat, and low-carb source of many vitamins and minerals that are uber important during pregnancy like Vitamins A, C, K, and E, potassium, fiber, and folate.
Copyright: <a href='http://www.123rf.com/profile_andreka'>andreka / 123RF Stock Photo</a>
It's good for your eyesight and baby's visual, neural, and muscular development. The fiber helps with digestive ailments that pregnancy brings with it, and the protein keeps you full while providing all the building blocks you need to make a healthy baby!
Pumpkin Protein Smoothie
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1-3 graham crackers (optional)
- Add all ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth. Garnish with graham cracker crumbs and add stevia until desired sweetness is achieved (optional).
- Mumberry's Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
A little something with our favorite fall ingredient, pumpkin, doesn’t have a few starring roles ...
- How to Cope with the Cost of a Newborn
There is no denying that the cost of having a baby is more than many new parents had imagined. Wh...
- New Mom Guide: How to Survive the First Few Months
Stepping through the door of your home with your new baby for the very first time tends to be a v...