Healthy Pregnancy Meals: Pumpkin Protein Smoothie - Mumberry
Posted on 01 October 2016
The weather is cooling down (hopefully) and we're in the heart of pumpkin-spiced-everything season. In our constant search for perfect healthy pregnancy meals, we've been looking for ways to add pumpkin to just about anything, but our favorite has been this Pumpkin Protein Smoothie.
Reminiscent of creamy, delicious pumpkin pie, all the protein in this healthy smoothie will keep you full for a few hours and satisfy your pregnant sweet tooth! Not only that, but it's quick and easy to prepare, and also has quite a few benefits for you and your baby making it one of our favorite healthy pregnancy meals.
Pure pumpkin is an excellent low-calorie, low-fat, and low-carb source of many vitamins and minerals that are uber important during pregnancy like Vitamins A, C, K, and E, potassium, fiber, and folate.
Copyright: <a href='http://www.123rf.com/profile_andreka'>andreka / 123RF Stock Photo</a>
It's good for your eyesight and baby's visual, neural, and muscular development. The fiber helps with digestive ailments that pregnancy brings with it, and the protein keeps you full while providing all the building blocks you need to make a healthy baby!
Pumpkin Protein Smoothie
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1-3 graham crackers (optional)
- Add all ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth. Garnish with graham cracker crumbs and add stevia until desired sweetness is achieved (optional).
- Best Workouts and Exercises for Moms-to-Be
When you're pregnant your back might ache, your ankles might swell, and there could be trouble sl...
- 5 Ways To Cope With Back Pain During Pregnancy
Back pain during pregnancy is one of the most common problems expecting mothers face. A lot of ch...
- Tips To Get Rid Of Post-Pregnancy Cellulite The Natural Way
Cellulite is a stubborn frustration experienced by many women. The condition often makes the skin...